By working together, the police and the community are better able to ensure safety and order with regard to specific challenges. Community policing is everyone’s responsibility. From the citizens who report crime, and care about the safety of their neighbourhoods, to the police that respond when they call, to the community organizations that support our work, no one group can do it alone.
While Community Policing is encompassed in all of the work that the Fredericton Police Force does, there are some key programs and initiatives that are outlines below.
Community Event / Presentation Request
The Fredericton Police Force is proud to be a visible part of the communities it serves. To this end, officers are pleased to be part of public events and presentations.
Every year, however, the Fredericton Police Force receives hundreds of requests from various community groups and organizations. In order to better respond to such requests efficiently, the Police Force uses an online request form.
If you would like to make a request, please complete and submit this form with as much advance notice as possible.
Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee
The efforts of the Fredericton Police Force apply to all our citizens equally, regardless of ethnicity, gender, ability, or any other differences. In order to ensure accountability, the Fredericton Police Force Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee (CDAC) was created as the formal point of contact between the police and various community representatives.
Chaired by the Deputy Chief of Police, the Advisory Committee is made up of police officers, government and non-government partners, and community members. This committee includes a dedicated Multicultural Liaison police officer to provide specific proactive outreach efforts on behalf of the Fredericton Police Force.
For more information, please see the CDAC Terms of Reference.
Seniors Advisory Committee
The Seniors Advisory Committee will strengthen the development and delivery of services, by the Fredericton Police Force, to seniors in the greater Fredericton area.
GOALS OF THE SAC
- Provide advice and guidance on the development and delivery of initiatives for seniors.
- Support the Fredericton Police Force in delivering services to seniors.
- Act as a sounding board for new ideas.
- Relate to other stakeholder organizations with an interest in seniors.
- Participate in training sessions for stakeholder organizations.
- Serve as a forum to identify and discuss barriers to effective involvement by seniors in ownership of their own safety and security.
- Serve as a forum to identify and celebrate successes.
- Take a proactive role in identifying Fredericton’s senior’s safety and security needs.
- Bring forward ideas for improvement of existing initiatives.
- Promote the importance of a safe and secure environment for seniors.