Old Burial Ground

The Old Burial Ground, centrally located in the Fredericton town plat, is situated between Brunswick and George Streets. This cemetery is bound by Barrack Lane on the east and Sunbury Street on the west. The site of the Old Burial Ground, originally set aside as a public square or park, was needed for interment purposes. The first recorded burial took place in 1787 and limitations on further burials were imposed in 1886.

 

Click on the image to Launch an interactive map of the Old Burial Ground. 

Fredericton Community & Culture