Fredericton’s by-laws are in place—and enforced—to protect the environment, public health, public safety, and to maintain an orderly appearance in your city.
The City's By-law Enforcement Division handles the enforcement of Fredericton’s by-laws related to noise disturbances, unsightly premises, domestic animal issues, taxi regulations, etc.
City staff investigate complaints and inspect properties to ensure the standards laid out in the by-laws are met. Compliance with City by-laws is ensured through education, mediation, and if necessary, through enforcement and prosecution.
How to report a by-law violation:
- Online - Report a By-law Violation / View My Requests
- By contacting a By-law Enforcement Officer, 506-460-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For domestic animal complaints, report the problem online or call Animal Control at 506-363-3320.
- For more information on how to respond to an animal-related concern,
- Consult this FAQ.
- See the City’s Taking Responsibility for Your Pet brochure.
- Visit our Preventing Nuisance Wildlife web page.
If the matter is an immediate public safety hazard, or an emergency situation, please dial 911.