The work of Fredericton’s City Council is informed by the work of various committees and groups. These include Standing Committees, a Planning Advisory Committee (PAC), and other Advisory Committees & Task Forces.
At a high level, the purpose of any committee is to provide advice to City Council and staff on specifically-mandated areas of interest, and contribute to the development of policies, programs and initiatives.
Standing committees are made up of City Councillors appointed to that role. These committees, in addition to PAC, have regular monthly meetings. Advisory committees are composed of volunteers, appointed by Council, and they meet as needed.
- Economic Vitality
- Environmental Stewardship
- Governance & Civic Engagement
- Livable Community
- Municipal Finance & Corporate Administration
- Public Safety
- Resolutions Dashboards
Planning Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Planning Advisory Committee
Advisory Committees & Task Forces
- Affordable Housing Committee
- Age-Friendly Community Advisory Committee
- Anti-Racism Task Force
- Arts and Culture Advisory Committee
- Fredericton Tree Commission
- Preservation Review Board
- Mayor's Working Committee on Community / Post Secondary Relations
- Youth Advisory Committee