Henri Mallet has lived in Fredericton since early childhood. He played many sports growing up with local club teams and eventually finished his volleyball playing career in University. He’s now an accomplished and awarded coach, currently working at the University level as Head Coach with the STU Men’s Volleyball program.
This is Coun. Mallet’s second term with Fredericton City Council. He was first elected to represent the people of the Silverwood/Garden Creek in May 2016 and was re-elected to the role in May 2021. During his past term on City Council, he was Chair of the Mobility Committee and then the Livable Community Committee. He was also a member of the Economic Vitality Committee, Governance & Civic Engagement Committee, and Municipal Finance & Corporate Administration Committee.
In addition to his current coaching position, he is a past Assistant Coach with the UNB Men's Volleyball program & the University of Ottawa’s Women’s Volleyball program, the 2013 & 2017 New Brunswick Canada Games Beach Volleyball Head Coach and coached Team NB in 2014 & 2019 and Team Atlantic in 2018 at the Canada Cup.
Coun. Mallet lives in Ward 12 with his partner, Sarah Walsh, an audiologist at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Hospital. They have two children.
- Association of Francophone Municipalities of New Brunswick, Council Representative
- Economic Vitality Committee
- Governance & Civic Engagement
- Centre communautaire Sainte-Anne, Liaison
- Livable Community Committee
- Municipal Finance & Corporate Administration Committee, Chair
- Negotiation Liaison Committee, Member
- Recreation Advisory Committee, Council Representative
- Superannuation Administration Committee (Police & Fire- By-Law A-13), Vice- Chair