On Saturday, August 12, members of the Fredericton Police Force conducted a traffic initiative at various locations in the city.
As a result, 43 tickets and written warnings were issued for various traffic violations. Two vehicles were towed, and one vehicle was impounded for seven (7) days under the new dangerous driving laws which came into effect in June 2023. The individual was caught driving 50km/hr over the posted speed limit and was issued a $604.50 fine as well as having their license suspended for 24 hours.
Tickets were also issued for the following offences:
- Excessive noise from vehicles
- No current inspection sticker
- Expired registration
- Fail to produce driver's license.
- Fail to yield right of way to pedestrian.
- Fail to produce proof of insurance.
- Fail to stop at posted stop sign.
Police remind motorists that safety is everyone’s responsibility and urge motorists to obey all traffic laws.