Ruth Breen is a long-time resident of the Fredericton area. She is a graduate of the University of New Brunswick holding an Education degree.
Coun. Breen serves as a volunteer with Wilmot United Church, and an organizer of the annual Mayworks Festival of Working People and the Arts, as well as the labour communities annual Labour Day Picnic.
She became involved with the Canadian Union of Postal Workers during her time as a postal worker. Through this work she has helped facilitate adult education within her union and larger labour and social justice communities locally and nationally for almost two decades.
Coun. Breen currently lives on Montgomery Street, with her partner, George. She is a mother of two adult daughters and a grandmother.
- Environmental Stewardship Committee
- Governance & Civic Engagement
- Livable Community Committee
- Mayor’s Working Committee on Community/Post-Secondary Relations, Council Representative
- Mobility Committee
- Negotiations Liaison Committee, Member
- Public Safety Committee, Vice-Chair