More than just employment or a job, the City is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and progressive work environment with a workforce that is representative of our population.
Different City of Fredericton positions fit within different pay scales. For more information on any pay scale, see the PDF files
- Management, as well as Technical and Professional employees (CUPE Local 3864)
- Inside City employees (CUPE Local 1709)
- Outside City employees (CUPE Local 508)
- City Transit employees (CUPE Local 1783)
- Police Department employees (UBC Local 911)
- Fire Department employees (IAFF Local 1053 - Part 1)
- Fire Department employees (IAFF Local 1053 - Part 2)
Note: These next two exceptions regard only CUPE Local 1709, 508, 1783, UBC Local 911 and IAFF 1053.
** As part of employee compensation, the employer provides a Benefit Spending allowance credit equal to $200 bi-weekly except for Transit Operator II ($125 bi-weekly) and Relief Firefighter ($125 bi-weekly)
**The employer contributes 13.25% of pensionable earnings towards a shared risk pension plan program for employees, while the employee pays contributions of 9%. The employer matches contributions of 11.19% for Fire employees and 11.14% for Police employees of pensionable earnings towards a defined benefit pension program for employees.