The annual Christmas Tree Recycling program runs from December 26 to January 20 and is one of the many ways that we can reduce waste, reuse and recycle. Christmas Trees are collected at the following designated disposal sites, chipped, and recycled for compost at the City of Fredericton municipal composting facility:
- Royal Road Park - Parking lot adjacent to the outdoor pool.
- Fulton Heights - School parking lot off main entrance to Nashwaaksis Middle School
- Fisher Park – Park parking lot off McEvoy
- Marysville Heritage Centre Facility - Parking lot off McGloin Street
- Kimble Drive - Vacant lot opposite the Fredericton Community Garden at 150 Kimble
- Odell Park - Park parking lot in the corner of the lot off Waggoners Lane
- Queens Square Park - Park parking lot adjacent to pool building off Aberdeen
- Angelview Park - Park parking lot off Woodstock Road
For staff and equipment safety, please DO NOT leave wreaths, artificial trees or any other materials that are not natural Christmas Trees. This includes the removal of all stands, tinsel, ornaments, screws, plastic, strings, nails and wires, as these objects are not recyclable.